Still photography and filming is permitted for academic use only. This includes photography for a class assignment.
Prior to filming, please contact:Marketing and Communications Specialist
Requests will typically have a response within 48 hours.
- Check in at the Member Services Suite, Carmichael Gym, Room 1000 upon arrival.
- Advise University Recreation staff that you have submitted a request to take photographs of the facility for your own academic use.
- When entering the various facility spaces, please check in with the staff on duty at these spaces, i.e. lifeguards or strength and conditioning assistants, etc.
- Photographers must seek permission from participants at informal sports facility areas before proceeding with photography. It is the responibility of the photographer to have signed release forms.
- To take photographs at Group Fitness classes, photographers must arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the class to inform the Group Exercise instructor of exact details of the shoot. Any participant who does not want to be in the shot will have the ability to move to one side of the room, which will not be photographed/filmed.
Commerical and News Filming
For commerical and news filming please view the NC State University filming guidelines.