Move30 is a call to action for members of the Wolfpack community to engage in 30 minutes of physical activity per day to reach the American Heart Association’s recommendation of 150 minutes per week.
On January 11, 2018, University Recreation kicked-off the Move30 campaign by having over 125 students, faculty and staff kept two treadmills moving for 15 hours completing over 100 miles inside the Talley Student Union. A special thanks to all of our campus partners and student leaders that participated and helped spread this important message.
Why Move30 is important
Research suggests that those who engage in regular physical activity experience an increase in cognitive abilities that translates to an increase in academic and professional performance. In the recently published study, researchers at NC State University found an increase in students’ GPA and likelihood of graduation as their exercise and physical activity behaviors increased. Physical activity has also been shown to have a positive impact on stress, anxiety, sleep, energy and overall health. Join University Recreation and commit to Move30.
Source: Sanderson, H., DeRousie, J., & Guistwite, N. (2017, September 8). Impact of Collegiate Recreation on Academic Success. Retrieved February 27, 2018
- Take a group fitness class.
- Exercise on the Fit Ground.
- Workout in one of the six fitness centers at Carmichael.
- Go for a swim in the Casey Aquatics Center.
- Reach your goals with a personal trainer.
- Join a small group training session.
- Walk or jog on the indoor track or greenway.
- Ride a Lime Bike.
- Move while you work.
- Bring fitness to you through private group fitness classes.
- Join the “Wolf Walks Challenge”.
- Activate your mind and body through the Activate your Space initiative
- Take Eight at NC State.
- Test your table tennis skills.
- Train for the Moonlight Howl & Run and Veterans Day Run.
- Bust a move for a good cause at the Dance Marathon to benefit Children’s Miracle Network.
- Volunteer for MLK Day of Service with CSLEPS.
- Take part in the NC State annual Rubbage Ride.
- Relieve stress in the Combat Room.
- Work with a certified health coach.
- Play one of more than 40 intramural sports.
- Take competition to the next level and join a club sport.
- Play a game of pick-up basketball, volleyball, or ultimate Frisbee
- Play a racquet sport: badminton, tennis, racquetball or squash.
- Test your skills on the NC State disc golf course.
- Try something new and build community by joining the Unified Sports League.