NC State Wellness and Recreation values the impact of movement and how physical activity plays in both personal and professional success. Research shows that physical activity has a positive impact on stress, anxiety, sleep, energy and overall health. To help increase awareness and promote regular physical activity, Wellness and Recreation launched the MOVE30 campaign.
MOVE30 is a call to action for members of the Wolfpack community to engage in 30 minutes of physical activity per day to reach the Center for Disease Control’s recommendation of 150 minutes per week. Research suggests that those who meet current recommendations experience an increase in cognitive abilities that translates to an increase in academic and professional performance. In a recently published study, researchers at NC State University found an increase in students’ GPA and likelihood of graduation as their exercise and physical activity behaviors increased.
Join us in spreading the word and commit to MOVE30.
For ideas to Move30, check out our list below:
- Take a group fitness class.
- Exercise on the Fit Ground.
- Workout in one of the six fitness centers at Carmichael.
- Go for a swim in the Casey Aquatics Center.
- Reach your goals with a personal trainer.
- Join a small group training session.
- Walk or jog on the indoor track or greenway.
- Ride a Lime Bike.
- Move while you work.
- Bring fitness to you through private group fitness classes.
- Join the “Wolf Walks Challenge”.
- Activate your mind and body through the Activate your Space initiative
- Take Eight at NC State.
- Test your table tennis skills.
- Train for the Moonlight Howl and Run and Veterans Day Run.
- Bust a move for a good cause at the Dance Marathon to benefit Children’s Miracle Network.
- Volunteer for MLK Day of Service with CSLEPS.
- Take part in the NC State annual Rubbage Ride.
- Relieve stress in the Combat Room.
- Work with a certified health coach.
- Climb the indoor climbing wall
- Participate on the challenge course.
- Take part in an outdoor adventures trip or rental program
- Go for a walk through the NC State campus.
- Play one of more than 40 intramural sports.
- Take competition to the next level and join a club sport.
- Play a game of pick-up basketball, volleyball, or ultimate Frisbee
- Play a racquet sport: badminton, tennis, racquetball or squash.
- Test your skills on the NC State disc golf course.
- Try something new and build community by joining the Unified Sports League.