The Wellness and Recreation Advisory Board is a recommending body, as such, shall serve in an advisory capacity to the executive director and staff of NC State Wellness and Recreation. Its purpose is to involve user groups, primarily students in the planning, organization and administration of wellness and recreation programs, and facility operations. It shall serve as a means of communication between department staff and program participants, and provides a means for input from students, faculty and staff at NC State University.
The Advisory Board’s composition includes sixteen (16) members. The members of the Advisory Board will consist of thirteen (13) students and three (3) university faculty and staff members. The executive director of Wellness and Recreation will serve as an advisor, ex-officio, non-voting member and secretary to the Board.
Advisory Board Responsibilities
- Attend scheduled Advisory Board meetings. There are typically four meetings each fall and spring semester. Each meeting will last approximately 60 – 90 minutes.
- Recommend guidelines/procedures pertaining to Wellness and Recreation programs and services.
- Provide recommendations relevant to program content and direction.
- Recommend guidelines/procedures relevant to facility utilization and eligibility.
- Advising the Wellness and Recreation staff of participant/user concerns.
- Review and recommend budget proposals for submission to the University Budget Office and Student Fee Review Committee. The executive director of Wellness and Recreation will formulate the annual budget request with input from the Board.
- Make recommendations and vote on approval of Advisory Board representative candidates.
|Members||Selection||Number of Members|
|At-large Student Representatives||Selected by Application||3|
|Inter-Residence Council Representatives||Appointed||3|
|Student Senate Representative||Appointed||1|
|University Graduate Student Association Representative||Appointed||1|
|Multicultural Greek Council Representative||Appointed||1|
|Interfraternity Council Representative||Appointed||1|
|National Pan-Hellenic Representative||Appointed||1|
|Panhellenic Association Representative||Appointed||1|
|Wellness and Recreation Student Employee Representative||Appointed||1|
|Faculty and Staff Representatives||Appointed||3|
|Executive Director, Wellness and Recreation||Ex-officio
At-large Student Application
Applications for the 2018-19 academic year are now closed.
For additional information, please contactEric Hawkes
P: (919) 515-3895
|Tuesday, September 11, 2018||5:00 – 6:30 p.m.||Carmichael Recreation Center, The Lakes|
|Tuesday, October 9, 2018||5:00 – 6:30 p.m.||Carmichael Recreation Center, The Lakes|
|Tuesday, November 13, 2018||5:00 – 6:30 p.m.||Carmichael Recreation Center, The Lakes|
|Tuesday, February 12, 2019||5:00 – 6:30 p.m.||Carmichael Recreation Center, The Lakes|
|Tuesday, March 19, 2019||5:00 – 6:30 p.m.||Carmichael Recreation Center, The Lakes|
To view the NC State Wellness and Recreation Advisory Board Constitution, please click here.