UREC Advisory Board
The University Recreation (UREC) Advisory Board is a recommending body, as such, shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Director and staff of UREC. Its purpose is to involve user groups, primarily students in the planning, organization and administration of recreation programs and facility operations. It shall serve as a means of communication between department staff and program participants, and provides a means for input from students, faculty and staff at NC State University.
The Advisory Board’s composition includes sixteen (16) members. The members of the Advisory Board will consist of thirteen (13) students and three (3) University faculty and staff members. The Director of University Recreation will serve as advisor, ex-officio, non-voting member and secretary to the Board.
Advisory Board Responsibilities
- Attend scheduled Advisory Board meetings. There are typically four meetings each fall and spring semester. Each meeting will last approximately 60 – 90 minutes.
- Recommend guidelines/procedures pertaining to UREC programs and services.
- Provide recommendations relevant to program content and direction.
- Recommend guidelines/procedures relevant to facility utilization and eligibility.
- Advising University Recreation staff of participant/user concerns.
- Review and recommend budget proposals for submission to the University Budget Office and Student Fee Review Committee. The Director of University Recreation will formulate the annual budget request with input from the Board.
- Make recommendations and vote on approval of Advisory Board representative candidates.
|Members||Selection||Number of Members|
|At-large Student Representatives||Selected by Application||3|
|Inter-Residence Council Representatives||Appointed||3|
|Student Senate Representative||Appointed||1|
|University Graduate Student Association Representative||Appointed||1|
|Multicultural Greek Council Representative||Appointed||1|
|Interfraternity Council Representative||Appointed||1|
|National Pan-Hellenic Representative||Appointed||1|
|Panhellenic Association Representative||Appointed||1|
|University Recreation Student Employee Representative||Appointed||1|
|Faculty & Staff Representatives||Appointed||3|
|Director, University Recreation||Ex-officio
At-large Student Application
Applications are closed for 2017-18. Applications for the 2018-19 will open August 2018.
For additional information, please contactEric Hawkes
P: (919) 515-7529
|Tuesday, September 12, 2017||5:00 – 6:30 p.m.||Carmichael Recreation Center Playzone|
|Tuesday, October 10, 2017||5:00 – 6:30 p.m.||Carmichael Recreation Center Playzone|
|Tuesday, November 14, 2017||5:00 – 6:30 p.m.||Carmichael Recreation Center Playzone|
|Tuesday, February 6, 2018||5:00 – 6:30 p.m.||Carmichael Recreation Center Playzone|
|Tuesday, March 20, 2018||5:00 – 6:30 p.m.||Carmichael Recreation Center Playzone|
To view the NC State University Recreation Advisory Board Constitution, please click here.