University Recreation offers membership to students, faculty, staff, retirees, Centennial Campus affiliates, visitors and temporary employees, NC State Alumni Association members and adult household members. Membership includes all Carmichael Complex facilities and amenities including: strength and conditioning areas, group fitness classes, indoor pools, sports leagues, state-of-the-art locker rooms, and equipment checkout. Visit the Member Services Suite, Carmichael Complex, Room 1000 to become a member.
Stay in the know with all things University Recreation. Register to receive emails through our ListServ.
|Membership Type||Annual||Month to Month||Payroll Deduction|
|Faculty and Staff||$240||$25||$20/month|
|Centennial Campus Affiliate||$240||$25|
|Visitor or Temporary Employee||$25|
Faculty & Staff, Retiree, Centennial Campus Affiliate
|Alumni Association Household||$360||$35|
Non-Student Membership Guidelines
- Eligible members with a current NC State Wolfpack One Card must be presented at time of registration.
- NC State Alumni must present their NC State Alumni Association membership card at time of registration.
- Visiting Faculty and Staff and Temporary Employees must provide a letter of employment on official NC State letterhead with employment dates from sponsoring department.
|Membership Type||Summer 1||Summer 2||Summer 1 & 2||Semester|
Included In Student Fees
|Previously Enrolled Student||$35||$35||$60||$90|
|Campbell Law Student||$35||$35||$60||$90|
|Health and Exercise Studies Distance Education||$35||$35||$60||$90|
Student Member Guidelines
- NC State students currently enrolled in on-campus classes and who have paid full student fees are permitted access to Carmichael Complex.
- Affiliation must be maintained for the duration of the membership.
Carmichael Complex Trial Pass
University Recreation would like to extend one complimentary pass to all NC State Faculty/Staff, Retirees and Affiliates to utilize Carmichael Complex for one day. A valid NC State Wolfpack One Card must be presented at Member Services in order to redeem this pass.
Guest passes are available for purchase at the Member Services Suite at the following rates:
|5-Day Consecutive Day Pass||$25|
- Members and students may sponsor up to three guests per day.
- Guests must enter, exit, and remain in the facilities at all times with their sponsor.
- Guests must be 18 years of age or older and will be asked to present valid photo identification at the time of purchase and time of entry.
- Guest passes are non-refundable.
The Carmichael Complex is now a place where families can be active together. Members are invited to bring their children to our basketball courts, racquetball courts, indoor track and the Aquatic Center.
Register your dependent children, 17-years or younger at Member Services to take advantage of this service at no additional charge.
|Friday||5:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.|
|Saturday||9:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.|
|Sunday||10:00 A.M. – 11:00 P.M.|
- Each family member must have a valid Carmichael Complex ID.
- Children must enter, exit, and remain in the facilities at all times with their parent.
- Family Recreation is open to the basketball courts, racquetball courts, indoor track, and Aquatic Center.
- A parent must be within arm’s reach of any child unable to swim and/or using a floatation device.
- Parents are not permitted to swim laps while they are with their children in the pool.
We invite you to join us for special Member Appreciation and Family Recreation events throughout the year.
Subscribe to the Carmichael Review to receive more information about upcoming member events and receive exclusive member event invitations.
Carmichael Complex Members can stay up-to-date with University Recreation by subscribing to the Carmichael Review. Each newsletter features upcoming member events, facility projects, and tips on how you can enhance your healthy, active lifestyle.
For questions, please contact:
Coordinator, Member Services
P: (919) 5157488