We provide the ultimate “Carmichael experience” through amenities and benefits to our members.
Stay in the know with all things University Recreation. Register to receive emails through our ListServ.
Carmichael Complex Trial Pass
One complimentary pass is available to all NC State Faculty/Staff, Retirees and Affiliates to use the Carmichael Complex for one day. Bring NC State Wolfpack One Card to the Member Services Suite in order to redeem this pass.
You may purchase Guest passes at the Member Services Suite.
|5-Day Consecutive Day Pass||$25|
- You may sponsor up to three guests per day.
- You must enter, exit, and remain with your guest at all times.
- Your guests must be 18 years of age or older and will be asked to present valid photo identification at the time of purchase and time of entry.
- Guest passes are non-refundable.
We invite you to bring their children to our basketball courts, racquetball courts, indoor track and the Aquatic Center. Register your dependent children, 17-years or younger at Member Services to take advantage of this service at no additional charge.
Family Recreation Hours
|Friday||5:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.|
|Saturday||9:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.|
|Sunday||10:00 A.M. – 11:00 P.M.|
- Your family members must have a valid Carmichael Complex ID.
- Your children must remain with you at all times.
- Family Recreation is open to the basketball courts, racquetball courts, indoor track, and Aquatic Center.
- You must be within arm’s reach of your child if he/she is unable to swim and/or not using a flotation device.
- Please do not swim laps when you are with your children.
Second Saturdays at Carmichael
Join us on the second Saturday of each month for programs geared towards fun and movement for the whole family. You are invited to bring your dependent children under the age of 18 to participate. Please register your children for Family Recreation prior to attending. These programs are all offered at no additional cost, but please RSVP if you plan to attend.
|Turkey Climb||November 12, 2016||2:00 – 5:00 P.M.||Drop-In Family Climb||Carmichael Gym Indoor Climbing Wall||RSVP|
|WinterFest||December 10, 2016||2:00 – 2:45 P.M.||Family POUND® Fitness Class||Carmichael Recreation Center Studio A||RSVP coming soon|
|Snowflake Splash||January 14, 2017||2:00 – 5:00 P.M.||Drop-In Family Swim||Aquatic Center||RSVP coming soon|
|Love to Move||February 11, 2017||2:00 – 2:45 P.M.||Partner Yoga Class||Carmichael Recreation Center Studio A||RSVP coming soon|
Miles for Members
Join us for a 7-week walking competition, Miles for Members, starting Monday, October 3 through Sunday, November 27.
- Record your steps daily, and add daily totals for the week (Monday-Sunday).
- Please submit your weekly total no later than the following Tuesday.
- You are welcome to use you own fitness tracker, otherwise we will provide a pedometers upon request.
- Weekly winners will be announced via email. Final competition winners will be recognized at the Cookies & Cocoa UREC Holiday Celebration on December 7 from 11:30 A.M. - 2:00 P.M. in the Playzone.
Register by Thursday, September 29, 2016. Use the links below to submit your weekly totals.
|Week||Start Date||End Date||Enter Weekly Totals By|
|Week 1||Monday, October 3||Sunday, October 9||Tuesday, October 11|
|Week 2||Monday, October 10||Sunday, October 16||Tuesday, October 18|
|Week 3||Monday, October 17||Sunday, October 23||Tuesday, October 25|
|Week 4||Monday, October 24||Sunday, October 30||Tuesday, Novemer 1|
|Week 5||Monday, November 7||Sunday, November 13||Tuesday, November 15|
|Week 6||Monday, November 14||Sunday, November 20||Tuesday, November 22|
|Week 7||Monday, November 21||Sunday, November 27||Tuesday, November 29|
Stay up-to-date by subscribing to the Carmichael Review. Each newsletter features upcoming events, facility projects, and tips on how you can enhance your healthy, active lifestyle.
For questions, please contact:
Coordinator, Member Services
P: (919) 515-7488