Diversity and Inclusion adVenture Experience (DIVE)
The Diversity and Inclusion adVenture Experience (DIVE) is a 9-day trip to the Florida Everglades that seeks to gather socially conscious people to discuss issues of social justice, both on NC State’s campus and in a broader context. You will learn how to practice life-long wellness through outdoor experiences such as canoeing, kayking and camping. Take in views of the Gulf of Mexico, mangroves and dolphins during our trip. Bring back experiences and knowledge from the trip to campus and contribute to a group-determined service project before the end of the spring semester.
- Kayaking and Canoeing Equipment.
- Camping and Sleeping Equipment (e.g., sleeping bag, sleeping pad, tent, etc.).
- Food (dietary restrictions will be accommodated).
- Training and Instruction from our Professional and Student Staff Leaders.
- You will need to bring personal clothing and toiletry items (which will be listed at the pre-trip meeting if your application is accepted).