University Recreation offers a wide range of wellness programming including lifestyle modification programs, wellness workshops and special events.
Well Wolfpack Certified Departments
Cultivating a culture of wellness for the campus community begins with staff and faculty members.
The Well Wolfpack Certification annually distinguishes departments who have made a commitment to cultivating a culture of wellness in the workplace. To the Well Wolfpack certification, departments can complete an application, which includes:
- Active Workplace
- Stress and Emotional Well-being
- Leadership of Wellness
Applications to become a Well Wolfpack Certified Department will be available Spring 2017.
This program is in partnership with Human Resources Benefits Office.
For additional questions please contact:University Recreation Wellness Outreach
NC State is proud to participate in the following national wellness initiatives:
The Partnership for a Healthier America Healthier Campus Initiative
- A three-year commitment to make the campus healthier by adopting guidelines around food and nutrition, physical activity and programming. The commitment works with the private sector and PHA honorary chair First Lady Michelle Obama to make healthier choices easier.
- NC State was the first to implement all 23 guidelines in the first year of its commitment to encourage healthier options to more than 40,000 students, faculty and staff.
- University Recreation partners with University Dining and Transportation on this initiative.
Exercise is Medicine On-Campus
- In partnership with the Counseling Center and Student Health Services, this medical and counseling referral program prescribes students exercise to alleviate mental health and chronic disease symptoms. The Exercise Is Medicine® program at NC State received a gold-level recognition from the American College of Sports Medicine.