Wellness coaching is a free service, providing NC State students with education, support and encouragement to develop behaviors for a healthier lifestyle.
Wellness coaching takes a holistic approach to discover how personal wellness impacts student success, strengths, values and goals. You can establish a wellness plan and stay accountable with your certified health coach in areas such as:
- Stress management.
- Time management.
- Sleep hygiene.
- Weight management.
- Chronic disease management.
- Goal setting.
Benefits of Wellness Coaching
- Improved quality of life.
- Achieving personal accountability and academic goals.
- Increased self-efficacy.
- Attainment of decision-making skills.
- Achieving a holistic, healthy lifestyle.
What Makes Coaching Different From Counseling?
|Counseling is a service that supports college students by providing effective treatment for mental health concerns.||Coaching is a service that supports college students by enhancing holistic wellness, health and success through empowering conversations about strengths and goals.|
|Counseling center staff are licensed mental health professionals.||Coaching staff are comprised of professional staff as well as graduate and upper-level undergraduate students who have participated in training as wellness coaches.|
|Counseling staff work with you to cultivate emotional and psychological growth that will allow you to be successful and flourish.
Counseling staff will come alongside you on your journey toward resolving or managing your mental health concerns.
|Coaches will help you to identify and trust your distinctive voice so that you can make decisions that are most appropriate for your preferred health and wellness outcomes.|
Make an Appointment
Preparing for an appointment
Once you schedule an appointment, you will receive an email with a link to an online assessment to complete prior to your initial visit. You will be asked to bring your assessment results with you to your first appointment. Meetings are located in the Carmichael Complex.
Group coaching offers a supportive environment for students to work through shared wellness concerns and experiences. Offered on a weekly basis, group coaching sessions are provided in drop in style that allow students to find their fit when it comes to reaching their goals. Group wellness coaching helps participants identify challenges, resolve barriers, integrate new knowledge and set or monitor new goals. The group coaching approach equips students with skills, strategies and a sense of community related to their goals.
Identify personal stressors and develop strategies for managing stress in the face of busy work, academic and personal schedules.
Understand the basis for building and maintaining healthy relationships while mastering skills to manage conflict when it arises.
Build skills and establish an individualized process for managing your time and creating balance in life.
Physical Activity and Nutrition
Master the basics of incorporating physical activity into your daily life and learn general nutrition information to maintain a balanced lifestyle as a student at NC State.
What to Expect
Group coaching sessions are 45-60 minutes in duration. Sessions will consist of knowledge building portions, mutually supportive group dialogue and personal reflections. Each session is lead by our team of certified peer wellness coaches who aim to provide an inclusive environment for participants at every level of health.
Benefits of Group Coaching
- Working with a certified wellness coach on a topic area that is meaningful to you.
- The support of a small community that is working towards similar goals.
- Learning strategies and tips for managing your goals.
- Built-in accountability and a supportive environment.
Who May Be Interested in Group Wellness Coaching
- Students who have busy schedules but want to stay on track with their goals.
- Students who have worked one-on-one with a wellness coach previously.
- Students who are looking to gain knowledge and skills in the six elements of wellness: purpose, financial, physical, social, emotional, and community.
Group Wellness Coaching Schedule
Weekly session topics:
- First week of the month: Stress Management.
- Second week of the month: Healthy Relationships.
- Third week of the month: Time Management.
- Fourth week of the month: Physical Activity and Nutrition.
Activ8 Your Health Program
Join this innovative program that gives you the motivation you need to achieve your wellness goals.
Develop valuable skills and take charge of your health and well-being with ACTIV8 YOUR HEALTH, an eight-week employee wellness coaching program
that creates lasting behavior change in areas such as stress management, nutrition, physical activity and chronic disease management.
With Activ8 Your Health, your personal Wellness Coach will provide guidance, motivation, and hold you accountable to achieve your goals.
- Individual and group coaching.
- Individualized goal setting and tracking
- Regular communication with a certified health coach who specializes in coaching and behavior change
- Regular communication with a wellness coach, an ACE® certified health coach who specializes in health coaching and behavior change.
You and your wellness coach will determine your communications needs at the initial consultation.
Please complete payment at the Wellness Recreation Member Services, located in the lobby of the Casey Aquatic Center.
Contact UsWellness Coaching